During the week leading up to a possible hurricane, please refrain (or ask your landscaper to refrain) from putting yard trash in the streets unless you receive a call from the Mayor that there will be additional yard waste pickups. Yard waste in the streets creates flying debris and can block the storm drains creating possible flooding.
For more information from the Village of Wellington, click here
Wellington Water Pressure
BE ADVISED: In order to conserve treatment chemicals and fuel, Wellington’s Water Treatment Plant will be reducing the water distribution system pressure. Customers may begin to see reduced pressures, September 8, 2017.
Canal Levels In Preparation for IRMA
Paul Schofield, Wellington Village Manager, YouTube video about canal levels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jykqlG9U64c
Hurricane Evacuation Zones
To learn about evacuation zones and procedures, please visit this
Palm Beach Post https://www.palmbeachpost.com/weather/hurricanes/evacuation-zones-procedures/cpvmyT9gVlVmtMR9vR6vqL/ article, and this Palm Beach County Government Know Your Zone http://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/dem/Pages/Hurricane.aspx page.
Florida Power & Light (FPL)
If you experience a power outage, please call FPL at 800-4-OUTAGE or (800} 468-8243, or see the information page
- How To Disinfect Water for Drinking https://www.epa.gov/ground-water-and-drinking-water/emergency-disinfection-drinking-water
- Insurance Company Claims Contact Information https://grandisleshoa.org/insurance-company-claims-contact-information/
- National Hurricane Center (NOAA) https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- PBC Emergency Management Hurricane Updates http://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/dem/Pages/Hurricane.aspx
- Sun Sentinel Hurricane Information https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/
- Wellington Debris Removal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVotwqrB84&feature=youtu.be