The Village of Wellington has temporarily suspended certain signage ordinances to allow for signs in high school senior’s yards. The order and a letter from the Mayor are attached.
- Please remind and urge residents to respond to the Census. Everyone participating in the Census benefits our community in several ways. Please visit https://www.wellingtonfl.gov/711/Census-2020 for more information.
- Additionally, remember to follow Wellington and Wellington Parks and Recreation through the website (www.wellingtonfl.gov) and all of our social media platforms for the most up-to-date information.
- For the new schedule of Virtual Recreation opportunities, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/VirtualRec. It features a weekly schedule of free classes with Wellington instructors in addition to on-demand videos, at-home activities, and virtual experiences the entire family can enjoy. Wellington has now expanded program offerings to include free Bingo on select Fridays of the month, and a popular program for toddlers, TumbleKids.
Current program offerings include:
- Balance, Core & More
- NEW! Bingo with prizes sponsored by Humana and Harbor Chase of Wellington Crossing (on select Fridays, registration required)
- Cheer and Tumbling Classes
- Craft Workshops
- Dance Classes
- Senior Aerobics
- NEW! TumbleKids
- Yoga & Yogilates
- Zumba (modified and chair options available)
The weekly class schedule is subject to change. Check the page often for new announcements and updates, or follow Wellington Parks and Recreation on social media (@wellingtonflrec).
Additionally there was some discussion about the restarting or re-opening process once the County has given the order. The plan is not complete but Wellington will likely follow the County plans. It is most likely that larger, more open spaces/parks will be the first facilities to be open to the public. Representatives from municipalities and Palm Beach County are discussing this topic on a daily basis and decisions will be based primarily on science and data. More info to come but for now, continue to follow the guidelines and orders handed down by the Federal, State and local authorities.